The Office Assistant will work closely with the Office Manager and COO and is responsible for organizing, supervising and coordinating accounting and administrative operations at Kocourek Chevrolet, ensuring that all transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manne.
Other duties included but not limited to are as follows:
* Ensure that assigned general ledger and scheduled accounts are maintained in an orderly, current and accurate condition at all times. All discrepancies and unusual entries are timely followed up on and resolved.
* Month end processing– ensures all documents are posted and all applicable schedules, etc.
are turned in to Office Manager for review
* Cash flow management – ensures that all retail deals are reviewed/prepped and sent to central office for timely processing of deal and submitting of finance or lease contracts. Constant review of contract in transit and wholesale receivable schedule
* Ensures that all Chevrolet vehicle registrations are processed in a timely and accurate manner
* Follows up on outstanding titles and lien releases
* Ensures all used vehicles are purchased in a timely and accurate manner
* Recapping wholesale sales * Prepares monthly accounts receivable statements for mailing
* Orders office supplies for all stores and ensures best pricing via order quantities, etc.
* Main backup for phones, deposit, new vehicle purchases and dealer trades
* Manages and trains part-time team members to ensure that they have a daily task list and ensuring that those tasks are being completed.
* Communicate with management issues as they arise
* Analysis of accounting and office processes; provides recommendation for improvement
* Identifies opportunities to reduce expenses
* Record Retention – maintains orderly filing system and ensures various dealership documents and records are scanned into document management software
* Documents processes; updates process book as necessary
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Experience required in general ledger, account reconciliations, excellent organizational skills, clear written and oral communication skills.
Ability to interact with all levels of management.
Proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft programs. Ability to navigate around computer programs with efficiency.
Dealership experience preferred but not required.
Ability to read and interpret documents that are created.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak concisely and effectively to management and co-workers. Ability to interact with all team members in a positive and upbeat manner.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear.
The team member frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products or supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Work Environment Typical non-smoking office environment.
Position operates in a professional office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Kocourek Automotive is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Location/Region: Wausau, WI (54401)