As Manager, Events and Volunteer Relations for the Energy Bar Association (EBA), you will have an excellent opportunity to develop, and expand your skills into a meetings management and volunteer relations within a friendly environment. This is a small and busy office where your attention to detail and ability to anticipate the needs of others will be key to your success.
Under the direction of the CEO and with the assistance of a meeting assistant, you will manage all aspects of the association meetings both large (500 attendees, no booths) and small, in-person and virtual. Our conferences and meetings provide opportunities for attorneys, energy professionals, students, and academics to network and learn via a variety of channels, including face-to-face conferences, workshops, luncheons, virtual and web-based programs. You will work directly with volunteer committees to create the program agendas. Our goal is to provide high-quality programming to EBA members.
- Manage all aspects of Energizers meeting logistics (at the committee and chapter level), to include website posting, speaker/sponsor template confirmations, host technology training, post-meeting evaluations, etc.
- Manage Zoom video conference setup and troubleshoot, record, and upload recordings to our on-demand library; relay information to the marketing manager for video promotion.
- Manage logistics of major meetings, including Annual Meeting, Mid-Year Energy Forum, chapters’ annual meetings, Gala, Primer Series, and Enforcer and Defenders Forums.
- Update timelines and coordinate details for events including coordination of hotel/convention center specifications, audio-visual requirements, timelines, registration, abstracts, food and beverage requirements, staffing schedules and assignments, and security issues.
- Work with the meeting assistant to draft email and web communications for meeting and event promotions.
- Work with the senior manager, marketing to develop marketing campaigns, maintain the events website, and social media updates for these events
- Coordinate with internal departments to make sure deadlines are met and deliverables are provided.
- Communicate with all stakeholders on changes and update schedules and internal spreadsheets accordingly.
- Create and manage attendee communications including pre-meeting confirmations and post-meeting evaluations and CLE confirmation.
- Document processes, suggest improvements for efficiency, and implement changes.
- Work with the database manager to set up, manage, register, and monitor registrations.
- Manage on-site logistics, direct registration and other day-of details. May include travel and on occasion, evenings.
- Maintain clear and accurate files, calendars, budgets, and history of each event.
- Process invoices and reimbursements related to meetings. Provide sponsorship invoicing detail to accountants for producing invoices.
- Manage speaker material compilation and assist with proofing printed meeting materials.
- Coordinate with meeting assistant, packing and shipping of meeting materials, equipment, and supplies to and from meetings.
- Maintain a meetings calendar, readily accessible to staff and membership.
- Take initiative in resolving on-the-spot difficulties as they arise at events.
- Travel to support the events as required. During meetings, participate in live-tweeting, website and social media updates, and on-site photography.
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- This is an opportunity for you to join a strong, innovative 75-year-old, non-profit association and learn from an experienced leadership team. In this role, you will manage all aspects of meeting planning and provide input to marketing/communications.
- Ours is a fun, fast-paced environment where you will gain a wealth of varied experience and have a great opportunity to grow your meeting planning skills.
- Your work will have a direct impact on making educational programming more efficient, effective, and meaningful for our members/participants.
- Outside of the occasional, urgent, time-sensitive matters, you will be able to leave work at work and will not be required to be “on call” once you leave the office.
- We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits to include medical, dental, and life insurance, paid leave, holidays, 401(k) contribution, and more.
EBA is an international, non-profit association of attorneys, energy professionals, and students active in all areas of energy law. EBA has eight regional chapters across the U.S. and Canada.
We host numerous educational seminars, including two national conferences per year. Our educational programming covers all facets of energy law (electricity reliability, oil pipeline regulations, renewable energy, environmental law, etc.). Many of our programs are approved for continuing legal education (CLE) credits which our members need to stay current. In addition to programming, EBA members rely on us to provide valuable opportunities for networking. Our lunches, receptions, and dinner programs allow our members to meet and share their expertise.