Advisor - Scholarship
School of Music Position Description
Advises individuals and provides guidance services. This title will require an extended, descriptive title.Major/Essential Functions
- Schedule and conduct interviews and campus tours.
- Respond to parents, secondary students, and secondary-school representatives to provide information.
- Lead recruitment initiatives and use independent judgment and analysis to support student applicants.
- Contribute to the creation of promotional literature for the admission office.
- Plan and coordinate select outreach programs and other recruitment projects.
- Recommend changes or enhancements to existing programs based on continuous feedback and evaluation.
- Distribute undergraduate and graduate scholarships from 183 scholarships accounts.
- Manage the efforts of faculty members, students and/or student groups and other admissions staff to implement audition days and related activities.
- Counsel applicants on admission policies and procedures.
- Communicate in person, by telephone and in writing with students about the status of admissions applications and documents all communication and activity in a CRM daily.
- Identify and recommends scholarship recipients based in a timely, accurate, and effective way. Evaluate and offers solutions to applicant problems and requests regarding admission.
- Maintain professional currency through professional associations and personal commitment to the field.
- Contribute to, and work proficiently and successfully within, a team environment.
High school graduation or the equivalent plus five (5) years progressively responsible experience in a related area. Additional job related education may substitute for required experience on a year for year basis.Preferred Qualifications
To apply, visit workattexastech.comAs an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; master's degree desirable.
- Technical skills, particularly experience with a CRM.
- Experience with college admissions and financial aid process desirable.
- Knowledge of transfer credits policies and financial aid programs desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and iPhone apps, including image-editing software.
- Experience in performing-arts industry is a plus.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Location/Region: Lubbock, TX