Sonsray Inc. is a privately owned and operated company.
From the borders of Mexico to Canada we cover Arizona, California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington making us the largest Thermo King transport refrigeration & temperature control equipment dealership and CASE CNH Construction Equipment Distributor on the West Coast.
Our Sonsray team is a growing dynamic company with over 400 employees and 23 combined locations for new & used equipment sales, genuine parts, factory authorized warranty repair, fleet maintenance and rentals that offer a unique environment fostering individual growth and rewards performance. Sonsray, Inc. features factory training technician programs, state of the art shops equipped with modern diagnostic tools providing our staff with proper technology and training for their day-to-day business operations.
Director of Service will be responsible for growing the service department revenue/profitability and ensuring the company delivers the highest level of customer service possible.
Trains, coaches, and mentors employees in a matrix management environment while the Service Department will report directly to the Store Manager.
Director of Service must be able to work with employees, at all levels of the company, to grow customer satisfaction by providing problem-solving resources, implementing procedures, and providing timely and accurate reporting.
Director of Service position is based out of our corporate office in Torrance, CA and will require travel up to 80% mainly within CA, NV, WA & OR.
Reports to Vice President of Sonsray Machinery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Understanding of importance and strategy execution of Customer Service, Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes, Staffing, Planning, Tracking Budget Expenses, Analyzing Information, Developing Standards, Emphasizing Excellence
* Achieves customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing revenue growth, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, resolving problems, completing audits, identifying customer service trends, determining system improvements, implementing change.
* Develop and implement flat rate guidelines for service repairs
* Develop and Implement Service Maintenance Contracts
* Develop and Implement a Site Watch maintenance monitoring program
* Develop and implement Service Marketing plans
* Develop Diesel Technician College training program with local colleges
* Implement Service best practices for the entire company
* Track and communicate technician efficiency and productivity
* Meets customer service financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
* Determines customer service requirements by maintaining contact with store service departments, conducting surveys, forming focus groups, benchmarking best practices, analyzing information and applications.
* Audit and provide recommendations on:* OSHA
* Tooling program, Electronic Service Tools (ESTs) and Facility Standards
* DOT Standards * Track and Monitor Completion of Product Improvement Programs (PIPs) and Warranty Expiration Inspections for all of our manufacturers
* Improves customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and redesigning processes, establishing and communicating service metrics, monitoring and analyzing results, and implementing changes.
* Maximizes customer operational performance by providing help desk resources and technical advice, resolving problems, disseminating advisories, warnings, and new techniques, detecting and diagnosing network problems.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
* Work well with management on all levels of the company to meet and exceed customer service initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, the Director of Service must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to perform miscellaneous related duties as required and assigned by the manager.
SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS: * Bachelor’s degree is highly desired
* Must have 3+ years’ experience supporting service department and multiple locations
* Heavy Construction Equipment is highly preferred or must have diesel equipment industry experience within a dealership environment to be considered
* OSHA and Safety experience preferred * Previous domestic travel experience is required and must be able to travel up to 80% mainly within CA, NV, WA, and OR
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Benefit package includes competitive salary, bonus plan, HMO/PPO medical, dental, vision, and life insurance/AD&D coverage, voluntary STD/LTD, 401k matching, paid vacation, sick, and holiday.
Corporate fitness facility provided.
Location/Region: Torrance, CA (90505)