Direct Care Positions in Amherst, Shutesbury, Pelham, Orange, and surrounding towns
Almadan Inc. has been serving individuals in the community and our residential homes since 1985, and takes pride in quality care, staff development, and welcoming environment. We have always had a focus on inclusivity and strive for a company culture that is collaborative and transparent.
Consider joining our wonderful team today!
Pay: $15.00-$16.25 depending on program needs and certifications
Benefits for Full Time Staff: 2 Week vacation – 1 week sick time – 2 personal days – Option to Buy Back unused vacation time at 100% value – 401K with matching up to 4% - Health & Dental Insurance – optional Life & Accident Insurance through Colonial Life – Professional Development Opportunities and More
Schedule: Vary upon location – Full Time, Part Time and Relief available
Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent – 18+ years of age – Driver’s License and reliable vehicle to remain on site during shift – One Year experience preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides supervision, assistance, and support to individuals receiving services from Almadan, Inc. in accordance with the individuals’ support plan
- Ensure the health and safety of all individuals receiving services
- Physically assist individuals as needed to promote independence in activities of daily living skills, to include but not limited to: Personal care, community integration, meal preparation, funds management, and social skills
- Review and complete all required daily documentation
- Perform daily housekeeping task and cleaning of residence to include laundry, sweeping, mopping, dishes, and snow shoveling; ensuring to engage individuals within the residence in these tasks when appropriate.
- Provides transportation to individuals in accordance with agency policy
- Maintain current certification and training in CPR, First Aid, MAP as well as any required site-specific trainings
- Perform job responsibilities in accordance with agency policy and procedure manual in addition to state regulations
- Attend and participate in mandatory staff meetings in accordance with agency policy
- Attend in participate in meetings identified by the direct supervisor
- Participate in the development of individual’s ISP under the direction of the Program Director/Manager;
- Ensure implementation of provider support strategies outlined in individuals’ ISPs
- Maintain a flexible schedule as schedules may be altered based on the needs identified by individuals receiving supports
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Consistently uphold Almadan principles outlined in the agency code of conduct