The Staff Accountant is responsible for applying
accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information,
leading to the accurate and timely preparation of financial
information. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for reviewing
staff travel expense reports, AP payments and corporate credit card
activity according to World Learning policies and procedures. The Staff
Accountant will develop, possess, and sustain the ability to interact
with numerous departments and staff at all levels (accounting and
non-accounting professionals) with the ability to give, receive and
Go to: Staff
or reply to email@example.com
Review and approve AP payments, expense reports and corporate credit
card reports according to government regulations and World Learning
policies and procedures.
- Process employees travel advance.
Perform monthly reconciliations of various clearing accounts and other
balance sheet accounts as determined by the supervisor.
- Clears checks in the accounting system and generate outstanding check list at the end of every month.
- Prepare and submit general ledger journal entries as applicable.- Review and process SSA and IHP field reports.
- Prepare monthly 1042 payment request.
- Provide on the job training to program staff members on Intacct.
- Special assignments and projects as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Accounting with 5 years similar experience.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and other office applications.
- Proficiency with purchasing and T&E module of Intacct Accounting Software.
- Attention to detail and accuracy; strong research and analysis skills.
- Strong organizational skills and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and be detail oriented.
- High degree of integrity.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
The World Learning Inc. Family
World Learning | worldlearning.org
Learning works globally to enhance the capacity and commitment of
individuals, institutions, and communities to create a more peaceful and
just world through education, sustainable development, and exchange.
Our programs advance leadership in more than 150 countries.
Location/Region: Brattleboro, VT (05302)