1. Protect life and property at assigned school.
2. Reports directly to the Principal of the school where assigned in cooperation with Safety and Security management.
3. Greets, registers and screens visitors at the school entrance. Assigns visitor pass and directs them to the proper destination.
4. Patrols and monitors assigned areas of the school buildings, grounds and parking lots to deter, detect, and report violations of the law and or school policy.
5. Detects, investigates and reports unauthorized or suspicious persons, vehicles and activities.
6. Monitors and direct student movement throughout assigned school and properties.
7. Notifies the administrative staff, police, fire department, or other appropriate authorities of Security or emergency situations.
8. Operates metal detectors and conducts searches when directed to do so.
9. Uses and perform guard tour program depending on school assignment.
10. Assists with fire drills, lockdown drills and other emergency preparedness drills as necessary.
11. Attend and successfully complete all staff development training as required by the safety/security department.
12. Monitors and ensure smooth and safe traffic flow at arrival and dismissal.
13. To remain highly visible at all times and serve as a resource for all students, staff and visitors.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned by the principal, supervisor or other appropriate Administrator.
15. Works closely with building custodians.
16. Depending on assignment will assist in security related issues and activates after school hours for events such as open house and sporting events.
1. Three to five years’ experience as Security Officer preferred.
2. High School Diploma or GED.
3. Valid Driver’s License.
4. Willingness and flexibility to work the schedule and location that best fits departmental needs.
5. Must be City of Springfield resident.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA