The Technology Director is responsible for collaborating across the enterprise to plan for and achieve goals of the associated domain or portfolio segment, supporting the enterprise road map, delivering technical and functional partner satisfaction, and driving action that helps the enterprise meet customer needs. Directors are responsible for guiding others in execution and professional development.
As a Technology Director this role will lead a large software engineering team in development of modern payments products to support a seamless customer experience utilizing leading edge technologies. This role will provide direction, strategy, and prioritization of feature delivery using an interpretive delivery approach that leverages agile extreme programming techniques. This role will also be expected to mature the team's Software Reliability Engineering disciplines and practices that support very high transaction volumes, highly secure at near 100% availability. This role is expected to assure compliance with PCI standards.
Directors attract, retain, motivate, coach, and mentor top talent.MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% - Strategy & Planning:
Partners with functional and technical leaders to identify and plan capabilities necessary to meet short and long-term business needs
Develops and executes strategic plans in support of key objectives in a timely and fiscally responsible manner
Informs and drives strategic alignment and partnerships with functional and technical peers and leaders
Connects the dots across multiple levels and related functions to understand the business holistically
Evaluates research and market analysis, meets with third party vendors, and maintains knowledge of industry innovations and technology platforms to inform strategy
Establishes and nurtures strategic vendor relationships; influences vendors to align to domain, portfolio, and enterprise strategic objectives
Drives growth for the business by applying technical and domain expertise to provide thought leadership and translate vision into action
40% - Delivery & Execution:
Defines and communicates value propositions, success metrics, and outcomes
Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
Develops, plans, and implements sustainable, repeatable, and reliable processes; oversees process improvement
Drives operational excellence to create internal customer satisfaction and meet operational metrics while prioritizing external customer needs
Understands and articulates the value creation and business proposition to teams and functional partners
20% - People:
Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to direct reports
Manages and coordinates strategic direction for staff
Attracts, retains, develops, and motivates top talent
Conducts annual and mid-year reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to Sr. Director or Vice President.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Additional Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in leading at a Sr. Manager level or above within a fast-paced, multi-division, national company
- Proficient in defining, communicating, and driving value propositions, success metrics, and outcomes
- Proficient in shaping, aligning, and guiding execution of strategic direction for a domain or significant portfolio segment
- Proficient in communicating, building influence, and developing relationships with functional and technical leaders, with high-level vendor partners, and across all levels in the organization
- Proficient in selecting and leading strategic vendor relationships or acting as the primary point of contact for strategic partnerships
- Proficient in managing and developing direct reports with their own span of control
- Proficient in utilizing deep market and industry knowledge for a related portfolio segment or domain to achieve strategic objectives
- Experience with retail systems and modern payment technologies like credit and debit card processing, wallets, gift cards, all forms of payment authorizations, and PCI security standards
- Experience with card processors like Master Card and Visa, Merchant Banks, Credit Switch and check auth vendors, PayPal, Apple Pay
- Experience in modern agile software engineering practices leveraging extreme programming techniques
- Experience in cloud oriented and modern no-sql database technologies as well as Relational
- Experience managing professional business relationships across multiple Business VPs and EVPs
- Experience directing large teams across multiple location
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Attracts Top Talent: Attracting and selecting the best talent to meet current and future business needs
Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization s goals
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Courage: Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said
Cultivates Innovation: Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful
Customer Focus: Builds strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization s goals
Drives Engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
Drives Vision and Purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
Financial Acumen: Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
Organizational Savvy: Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
Persuades: Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
Plans and Aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies
Tech Savvy: Anticipating and adopting innovations in business-building digital and technology applications
Location/Region: Atlanta, GA