Gallup-McKinley County Schools is hiring a Special Education Teacher! Gallup-McKinley County has a population of approximately 75,000 residents, with 11,631 students enrolled in 34 GMCS Schools. McKinley County includes the Navajo Nation and Pueblo of Zuni. Our focus is growing students to be productive citizens in a multi-cultural society.
The Special Education Teacher will provide educational services and carry out programs to average and gifted students, student's with physical and mental disabilities, and to students who may not be enrolled in school due to health limitations, distance from school, etc., enabling students to attain their maximum achievement and adjustment which interfere with the individual students' ability to benefit from the District's educational program.
Day-to-day duties Include but not limited to:
- Plans curriculum and prepares lessons and other materials, considering factors such as individual needs, abilities, teaming levels, and limitation of students, and to meet the goals and objectives of the Individualized Educational Program (IEP).
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team consisting of administrators, school personnel, students and families by implementing the educational plans as developed by appropriate specialists, serve as an advocate for students.
- Determines parents ability to comprehend and apply therapeutic and behavior modification techniques and parent's social and emotional needs to formulate teaching plan.
- Instructs students and develops individual teaching plan covering self-help, motor, social, cognitive, and language skills development for parents to implement in the home.
- Revises teaching plan to correspond with child's rate of development, when necessary.
Required Education: Applicants must have BA degree and possess or have the ability to obtain a NM teaching license (New Mexico has an alternative licensure program for applicants who possess a BA degree or higher)
Base Pay: $35,702.00 - $56,271.00 / Per Year