- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Have and maintain valid Driver’s License
- Minimum: No prior experience required.
- Preferred: 1-2 years’ experience in construction industry.
- Preferred: 2 years General Laborer experience.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- General knowledge of tools used in various trades.
- Knowledge of the general construction industry and the sub trades.
- Ability to communicate with Project Managers, Superintendents, Subcontractors, fellow associates and all project site visitors.
- Ability to perform tasks and follow directions assigned by the Superintendent and Project Manager accurately and within the specified timeframe.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and ability to handle physical and demanding requirements of the position.
- Ability to be aware of surrounding environment and conditions at all times.
- Ability to productively manage time and materials in order to maximize efficiency and quality.
- Ability to take pride in servicing the customer and having a strong commitment to safety.
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work in a team environment and add input to discussions.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot problems before they become major issues.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate with basic understanding of the English language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to interact with management.
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the Laborer’s job.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Laborer’s job, the associate is required to talk, see, and hear. The associate is often required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to elevate to heights of 30 feel or higher and lift 100 pounds or more frequently.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the Laborer may encounter.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is often exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The associate is also exposed to varying weather elements. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.
Location/Region: Wisconsin Rapids