EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities. Software Engineer
We are seeking a highly-motivated Software Engineer who will become part of the EBSCO software development team. You will play an integral role on a team responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing, and delivery of externally facing products and services. You will work with cross-functional teams, have exposure and visibility to senior leaders, and be able to make significant technical and business impact.
- Contribute to system architecture, design, implementation, testing, and delivery of high-volume customer-facing applications that support EBSCO’s products and services.
- Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution.
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of feature/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration.
- Ensure technical solutions are scalable, maintainable, properly documented, and support the long term goals and strategies of the Business, Product Owners, Leadership and the Agile Team.
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- Drive value and build to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables.
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.
- Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, security, delivery, maintainability and culture.
- Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production.
- Manage development tasks to ensure timely user story and feature deliverables.
- Demonstrate and promote a culture of teamwork, humility, precision, and customer-driven excellence.
- Serve as a resource to support the live production process, customer issues, and for troubleshooting problems.
- Daily coordination of development activities within cross-functional team
- Drive software quality by designing and building test automation frameworks, tools and tests.
- Drive improvements in our tool chain, automation, build, and release process.
- Author well-engineered solutions using test-first/test-driven methodologies.
- Disseminate technical knowledge to fellow Engineers.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team.
- Contribute to the team’s ability to make and deliver on their commitments.
- Problem Solver: Applies critical thinking and structured problem solving to address root causes.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with team members and cross functional teams to accomplish individual, team and organization goals.
- Analytical Skills: Able to draw insightful conclusions from complex challenges. Exhibits probing mind.
- Technically Savvy: Highly knowledgeable on current and proven technologies and proactively seeks to gain knowledge and understanding of evolving solutions that could have positive impact on current systems, software and tools.
- Results Driven: Focuses on desired results. Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Practitioner: Expertly applies skills and knowledge to daily tasks in order to achieve desired outcomes.
- Detail Oriented: Pays attention to little details. Has patience and perseverance for pursuing a problem until the reason has been exposed and is well understood. Proactive to initiate plans for corrective actions.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
EIS Cultural Competencies
Drive; Positive Attitude; Eagerness to Understand; Sound Judgement; Collaboration; Open Communication; Accountability; Trust & Respect
- 1+ years building single page applications using ReactJS or comparable technology
- 2+ years performing object oriented design and building backend applications with REST API services using Java or Node.js
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 1+ years - experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- 1+ years – ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development and TDD (Test Driven Development)
- 1+ years – performance testing strategies and techniques
- 1+ years - experience with XML or JSON, HTTP, SSL
- 1+ years – CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment)
- 1+ years - Microservices design patterns
- 1+ years - experience with Netflix OSS.
- 1+ years - working in agile/scrum environment
Why the North Shore of Boston and EBSCO are great places to live and work!
Here at EBSCO we will provide relocation assistance to the best and brightest people. We are 45 minutes outside of Boston just minutes from the beach in Ipswich, MA. Ipswich is a part of the North Shore and contains a wide variety of locally owned shops, restaurants, and farms. It is not only a great area to work but to raise a family. Below are resources for you to review to better familiarize yourself with Ipswich and the North Shore area. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to EBSCO’s Talent Acquisition Team.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Boston Job Segment:
Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Computer Science, Test Engineer, Technology, Engineering Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Ipswich, MA (US)