Responsible for all aspects of the Data Warehouse (DW) / Business Intelligence (BI) development lifecycle, including the integration of new data sources into the DW, extraction/visualization of data out of the DW, and quality assurance of DW data.
1. Responsible for creating and updating centralized data models in our DW / BI platform using existing tools while following established standards, policies and procedures. Conducts data discovery, data profiling and data modeling. Builds Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes to normalize, apply business rules, and load data into tabular and multi-dimensional models within our DW / BI platform.
2. Works with assigned application teams to stay up-to-date with their data models, applications, tools, workflows and regulations. Identifies upcoming workflow changes or software upgrades that may impact reports, dashboards or centralized data models. Works closely with BI Analysts to design specifications for new centralized data models or updates to existing ones.
3. Responsible for proactive monitoring of assigned DW / BI processes. Leverages expertise to troubleshoot more challenging issues, perform root cause analysis and take preventive actions. Creates and maintains test scripts for validation and integrated testing. Responsible for leading testing efforts to ensure existing reports, extracts and centralized data models will continue to work well after workflow changes or software upgrades.
4. Assists with and mentors other BI Developers and BI analysts in creating reports and dashboards for business leaders, as well as creating scheduled processes to extract data and transfer it to third parties or applications. Helps troubleshoot more complex issues with reports, dashboards, and extracts. Makes recommendations to improve performance, turn-around times, readability and compliance of reports, dashboards, and extracts. . Assists BI Architect(s) with some application owner responsibilities for specific tools within the DW/BI platform.
5. Leverages advanced analytics technologies within our DW / BI platform and assist with implementation, maintenance and support of these technologies. Help promote use of these technologies through documentation and training.
High School diploma
Required Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: NoneRequired Work Experience:
4 years of progressive experience writing T-SQL queries and stored procedures, including developing reports and extracts for clinical or financial customers using Microsoft¿s BI tools including SSMS, SSRS and SSIS. Advanced knowledge of database and data warehouse concepts and technologies, including data profiling and data modeling. Working knowledge with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Pyramid Analytics, or Power BI. Complexity of Work: This is a highly technical role that requires specialized skills and experience with specific tools/technologies used in the DW/BI industry.
The incumbent must have or develop a broad (but not in-depth) understanding of the health care arena, including hospital and ambulatory care, from both a clinical and financial aspect. The incumbent must be used to working with, understanding, and interpreting large, complex sets of data across a large number of business processes. This role requires analytic and critical thinking skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, effective decision making, problem solving skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to identify issues, conduct investigations and work collaboratively with all staff toward resolution.
Requires extensive interactions with individuals at all levels, including medical staff. The incumbent must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action when required.
Required Personal Protective Equipment: None
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.Organziational Profile:
Memorial Healthcare System, consisting of 6 acute care hospitals, a nursing home, outpatient facilities, home health services and physician practices, provides quality, comprehensive care to the residents of the surrounding communities. We invite you to join one of the nation's leading healthcare systems, recognized for use of advanced technology and clinical informatics. The system offers a diversity of opportunities and specialties matched only by our uniquely skilled team of over 10,000 employees. Memorial Healthcare System has developed a strong organizational culture that empowers its workforce and supports a vibrant patient care environment. In fact, MHS was recognized by the Studer Group with a "Fire Starter Award" for extraordinary outcomes in developing a culture of service and operational excellence.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL