First American Home Buyers Protection offers a wide range of affordable home warranty products and services to home sellers and agents. A member of the First American Family of Companies (NYSE: FAF), First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. For more information, visit homewarranty.firstam.com.
- Takes ownership of claims and drives claim closure/resolution.
- Makes decisions and authorize work orders up to a set level
- Identifies and takes appropriate action/process to allow for sound, timely and cost effective claim closure.
- Answers incoming calls, emails and voicemails from customers, contractors and escalated calls in a timely manner and according to guidelines.
- Resolve aged warranty claims and expedite to close.
- Purchase necessary parts and equipment within a specified limit and skill set/trained.
- Obtains any necessary documentation form the customer and/or technician and attaches to the contract.
- Provides assistance with inbound call volume as needed.
- Performs all tasks in accordance to set performance/methods and procedures, quality assurance and compliance guidelines.
- Perform work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibility. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity is required
- In accordance with established Methods and Procedures. Decisions made at this level impact the overall claims cost and Customer Satisfaction scores.
Supervision Received or Extended
- Work under general supervision applying well established techniques, procedures or specific standards. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall accuracy
- Requests or issues that are above scope of responsibility and approval limits are referred to Lead or Supervisor
- Does not supervise others
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong understanding of Home Warranty polices and technical expertise with systems and appliances
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to anticipate what the customer wants accomplished
- Proven customer service skills
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow up
- Ability to overcome objections
- Ability to handle difficult situations and customers
- High stress tolerance
- Good math skills
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically has 4-6 year’s Customer Service experience in a call center environment.
- Home Warranty or real estate experience desirable
License or Certification
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Phoenix, AZ