Treatment Authorization Request (TAR) Writer
We are hospitals and affiliated medical groups, working closely together for the benefit of every person who comes to us for care. We build comprehensive networks of quality healthcare services that are designed to offer our patients highly coordinated, personalized care and help them live healthier lives. Through collaboration, we strive to provide all of our patients and medical group members with the quality, affordable healthcare they need and deserve.
Treatment Authorization Request (TAR) Writers are responsible for request approval from a Medi-Cal field office consultant for certain procedures/services.
- Handles the more complex requests for treatment authorization requests and referral authorization requests including out-of-area referrals, and verifies member plan eligibility.
- Conducts research on member authorization requests and handles complex Provider inquiries.
- Assists the Health Services Authorizations Supervisor with special projects and training new staff and cross-training existing staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: Two (2) years of experience in the health care field.
Req. Certification/Licensure: None.
Employee Value Proposition
Employer, Inc., is guided by a diverse and highly experienced leadership core. This group maintains the vision that has made Prospect a needed difference-maker in the lives of so many patients today, and many executives contribute to our continued efforts. As a member of our highly effective team of professionals you will receive:
- Company 401K
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time-off
- Life insurance
How to Apply
To apply for this role, or search our other openings, please visit Employer click on a location to begin your journey to a new career with us!
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources.
EEOC is the Law: Employer
Keywords: Health Services, Provider Inquiries, Appeals Processing, Clerical, Verification, Verifying, Coverage Authorization Requests
Location/Region: Norwalk, CA (US)