First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) operates through its family of companies to help people achieve and protect their dream of homeownership. First American was named one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® in 2016 and 2017. With experience dating back to 1889, First American is a leading provider of title insurance protection and settlement services to the real estate and mortgage industries. More information about the company can be found at www.firstam.com
The Enterprise Identity Management team is responsible for the design and implementation of Identity Management processes and tools. Working under the guidelines, policies and standards established by Information Security, this group ensures the proper availability, configuration and sustainability of the enterprise Identity tools and associated systems.
- Owns IAM platform implementation and provides advice to operational support personnel as well as stakeholders outside of the IAM team.
- Conducts general assessment and plans techniques for deployment, integration and migration of IAM solutions.
- Works closely with IAM team to implement Identity and Access Management functionality for specific business and security requirements and processes.
- Identifies IAM work flow and business process requirements and related solutions over a complete business process including obtaining approvals, documentation, testing and training.
- Works in close coordination with the System and Business Process Analysts to understand and interpret IAM requirements per application & initiative.
- Considers the business implications of IAM work flow and processes to the current business environment.
- Identifies problems, researches alternatives, prepares presentations, drives solutions, tests to confirm, gains consensus, and implements solutions for multiple processes within multiple functions.
- Creates reports; researches and analyzes data, report trends and vital information to management/business partner.
- Provides direct support to IAM systems development and business community regarding risks associated with new or changing technologies.
- Keeps abreast of industry advancements and incorporates that knowledge into daily work activities.
- Participates in evaluation and selection of new technology.
- Resolves provisioning /deprovisioning problems to obtain operations across all platforms including email, files transfer, multimedia.
- Monitors and reports to management on the status of IAM project efforts, anticipating and identifying complex issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and established policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoots and guides others on a wide variety of complex problems and identifies solutions within broad application and functional expertise.
- Errors may cause system/application outages that affect a large number of users or possibly multiple applications.
Supervision Received or Extended
- Sets objectives for project goals and other team members and monitors progress to achieve goals.
- Devises or modifies department processes and procedures.
- Negotiates, persuades and gains consensus from cross functional team(s)
- May instruct, direct, and assign work to other team members, monitoring project status.
- May act as a team leader for projects with moderate budgets or of a short to intermediate duration.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Strong understanding of application security patterns and associated best practices.
- Solid understanding of scripting and programming languages as well as software development methodologies
- Experience with the configuration and maintenance of Microsoft ILM
- Solid experience with identity directories, such as LDAP or Active Directory.
- Solid communication and documentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and to contribute to multiple projects at once.
- High School Diploma required
Typical Range of Experience
- 5+ years experience working with highly scalable enterprise software, consisting of (3+) years of proven experience working with commercial IAM products for a sizeable enterprise (preferably 5,000+ employees/Identities), including development of solutions for Identity Management, user provisioning, Single-Sign & Reduced Sign On and Web Access Management solutions.
- 2+ years of operational experience with ongoing maintenance of Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions, including Identity and User Account Management platforms.
- Knowledge and understanding of underlying components and technologies of an IAM platform such an FIM or Oracle.
- Ability to gather identity data via SQL and LDAP queries for analysis and troubleshooting purposes
- Experience in implementing Identity and Access Management technologies and/or processes required.
- Experience in IAM product evaluation and managing vendor relationships required.
License or Certification
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
First American invests in its employee’s development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.
Location/Region: Santa Ana, CA