The IT Software Development Engineer has specific responsibilities
- Leading application development systems design, while interfacing with our vendor partners.
- Delivery of reliable and secure software solutions meeting the operational specifications required through development of the system logic.
- Reviewing and guiding the code of other team members through reviews.
- This role is empowered and accountable for software systems designs, including loosely coupled designs across verticals and platforms.
- Triage, debugging, surveillance & monitoring are all key activities for non-development environments.
- Professional growth of knowledge across both technical and operational domains is required.
- Expectations include innovation and critical thinking leading to decision making driving towards efficient, simple solutions answering to complex business needs.
- Partner with fellow COE team members, Planning, Architecture, Infrastructure, and Operational teams towards constructing solutions while progressing towards the approved enterprise technology stack.
- This position is also responsible for looking for synergy across Specialty applications, and realizing benefits gained sharing features across home delivery applications.
- Travel is expected for 10% of their time.
- Partner with employees and vendor partner consultants from different locations in the development and delivery of Specialty software applications.
- Works to develop skills, self-motivated, provides feedback to others, and oversees resolution technical issues and complexities. Identify process improvement and code synergies achieved through innovative ideas and critical thinking.
- Consult with business departments as needed. Ensures projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames and tracks progress reports to management.
- Works on resolution of urgent and on-going problems to ensure their team’s contribution to overall reliability.
- Trusted advisor to Operations and cross-functional team members, providing data and technical insight from the application metrics, pertaining to business impact.
- Ensures defects are quickly assessed and/or mitigated and resolved, whether in non-production or production.\
- Represents Information Technology in cross-functional meetings and projects. Prepares for, implements and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within assigned team.
- Bachelor’sdegree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven technical leadership skills in leading high talent teams in local and remote locations.
- 7-10 years experience in software development, preferably 1-2 years at ESI or in the PBM industry.
- Focus areas for this role will include the contact centers, digital channel engagement, and overall patient and physician engagement. Experience in these areas is a strong plus
- 5-7 years experience developing applications with Java
- 3-5 years experience in a lead developer or mentor role for java based application development
- Experience making and justifying overall architecture guidance
- Proven experience developing service infrastructure in Spring or similar
- In-depth knowledge of service infrastructure including REST and SOAP
- Demonstrated experience with source control management tools such as Git, SVN, TFS or CVS
- Ability to be an agent of change, handle complex technical problems into smaller simple solutions, and create a culture that supports high team morale.
- Thorough knowledge of IT concepts, procedures and practices in the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Knowledge and experience working within an Agile software development environment
- Experience developing and deploying service layer /middleware applications in an enterprise scale environment.
- Extensive understanding and experience with software debugging and integration techniques (API, Services, SOA)
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines.
- Experience with strategic work planning and budgeting.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry very helpful.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines.
- Willingness to travel limited amounts.
Job CategoryInformation TechnologyPrimary LocationUnited States-Florida-OrlandoWork LocationsOrlando, FL - 6272 Lee Vista Boulevard6272 Lee Vista BlvdOrlando32822
ScheduleFull-timeShift1st ShiftEmployee StatusRegularTravelNoWork From Home?No
Internal ID: REQ20008234