U.S. Submergent Technologies
Field Service Technician
Range: $16 – $25 per hour; commensurate with experience
Reports to: Field Supervisor
Department: FL Service
Location: Orlando, FL
U.S. Submergent Technologies, LLC (USST) developed the GritGoneSM Process to address a pervasive problem in the wastewater industry. Via service, we build and deliver our proprietary and proven capabilities in the wastewater collection and treatment system for the removal of debris.
Come be a part of our dynamic, growing team! This position reports directly to the Field Supervisor and is responsible for completing daily field service activities in a safe and compliant manner. He or she is an experienced field services professional in the environmental/industrial services industry, with a commercial driver’s license. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated person with a good work ethic to join a growing business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and safely operates pump trucks, vacuum trucks, roll-off trucks and other company vehicles, including pre and post trip inspections.
- Train in the understanding and efficient operation, trouble-shooting, maintenance and completion of projects utilizing the Combination3 SM truck and the GritGoneSM Process consisting of a vacuum, jetter, and a proprietary downhole system; as well as any other technologies that USST may develop or acquire.
- Learns the process flow for paperwork. Completes and submits company forms and truck logs according to state and federal regulations.
- Communicates professionally and reports any issues/complaints to appropriate internal contacts. Provides high level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of operation. Exhibits a positive attitude and maintains a spirit of cooperation and teamwork at all times, contributing positively to the morale of the Team and Company.
- Successfully completes various Safety Training as provided by the Company; utilizes training to become an expert in recognizing onsite potential safety hazards through communication and reporting, rectifies concerns. Properly utilize and be responsible for Personal Protective Equipment.
- Willing and able to travel and to be away for several days at a time, nights and/or weekends when required, overtime can be expected.
- Performs all tasks as assigned, which includes work that is considered physical and follows detailed directions.
- Completes other tasks as assigned by management.
Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a drug test; have a current medical card, valid Florida Class A CDL, Tanker Endorsement and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to operate a Manual Transmission.
- Requires 2 years of heavy equipment operation and driving experience.
- Experience with vacuum trucks, tankers and roll-offs strongly desired.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Understands and ensures compliance with company policies and procedures; understanding and compliance with the Department of Transportation and the State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers and supervisors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork.