Job Description Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
COBOL Cadet Training Program
With an estimated 5 billion lines of new code written every year, and an easy-to-maintain, English-based syntax that makes it straightforward to read and understand, COBOL remains a viable and often used contemporary computing language throughout the financial services industry, and the world.
Consequently, Black Knight Financial Services is proud to launch the COBOL Cadet Training Program, which is aimed at identifying, screening, selecting, and training candidates on the COBOL programming language. During the training program, COBOL Cadets will gain practical and meaningful application development skills through classroom and hands-on training sessions. Candidates are selected through a formal screening process based on a multitude of qualifications, including, but not limited to:
- Prior related work experience
- Skills assessment scores
- Communication skills
From inception to completion of the program, Cadets are provided exclusive training and challenged to demonstrate acquired skills to solve real-world business problems. Ideal candidates will possess an aptitude for critical thinking, enjoy solving problems, and possess a high level of motivation and an eagerness to continuously learn.
Note: Must be able to work on-site in our Jacksonville, FL HQ 100% of the time, Monday-Friday.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Performs various, learning tasks within the COBOL development training program to gain knowledge and experience within the information technology function. Acquires job knowledge by utilizing development tools, learning new programming techniques; participating in educational opportunities.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Performs a variety of basic/developmental tasks and activities while progressing through the COBOL training program.
- Gains experience reviewing and/or debugging code with such languages as COBOL.
- Researches and analyzes appropriate information technology practices, processes, and procedures.
- Attends appropriate training and completes assigned activities that will facilitate gaining appropriate knowledge and understanding of COBOL.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Typically does not require prior related experience. Some college coursework is preferred. Knowledge of other programming languages and/or college degree in Computer Science (or related discipline) is highly preferred.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience working with mainframe technologies such as COBOL, CICS, JCL, HLASM a plus, but not required
- Basic knowledge of network and computing devices, operating systems, systems development, and/or information systems architecture that is appropriate for the IT function
- Demonstrates strong computer skills including a good working knowledge of MS Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Willingly seeks and shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise with others
- Basic decision-making, problem-solving, team building, and time management skills
- Ability to learn and utilize appropriate equipment, tools, software, methods
- Is-resourceful and proactive in gathering information and learning new subject matter
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Entry level role. Basic skills with basic level of proficiency. Generally performs single-function tasks during the initial training program that tend to be of small to moderate size and scope. Works under close supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment until tasks can be completed with little direction. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience. Uses knowledge learned through the training program to overcome minor obstacles while communicating problem areas to others. Approaches team leaders promptly with questions when unable to make productive headway with tasks.
Black Knight Financial Services is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer