Mid-level experienced automotive technicians are responsible for performing vehicle repair and maintenance work as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards.
So, if you’re a gearhead looking to make cars your career, and be a part of rewarding work-family, this might be for you!
We are committed to employee development and training.
Ask about our training plan! C and B level technicians can earn anywhere from $30,000-$80,000 annually, depending on experience and state certifications.
As you grow, your income grows with you!
BENEFITS INCLUDE: AIR-CONDITIONED SHOP, top of the line equipment, a competitive and transparent pay plan, a plan for success, opportunities for growth and training.
This is a full-time position for a technician with mid-level experience in the auto industry.
This position comes with a benefits package including company discounts, paid vacation and holidays your first year, paid uniforms, and health insurance, dental, vision, and 401(k) with employer match.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: * Ability to read, speak, and write English in order fulfill job functions in an understandable way
* Ability to operate a computer and telephone system
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Valid and insurable driver’s license – Gotta have that!
We do a lot of moving and zooming around here!
* High school diploma or equivalent * Team oriented – We want everyone to be successful!
* Ability to work some evenings and Saturdays on a rotation – No Sundays though!
* Some ASE’s required – If you have a head start in your career, we can help you the rest of the way!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy
* Communicate effectively with service advisor regarding the status and any changes to repair order – Communication is key!
* Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required
* Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repair
* Establish a finished product which adheres to factory and dealership procedures when performing warranty work
* Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts
* Maintaining work area in a clean and orderly manner – Don’t want any trips, slips, or spills!
* Operate all equipment in service area in a safe manner
* Documents all work performed as soon as the job is completed
* Uses basic mathematical skills * Understands and follows federal, state and local regulations such as the disposal of hazardous wastes
* Committed to continuing education OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Relating positively and courteously with diverse groups of people (customers, visitors, and staff)
* All other duties as assigned - Can't forget this one!
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
* Ability to stand for six to nine hours per shift
* Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, and stretch – Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right
* Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds * Ability to work in a shop which may experience, but is not limited to conditions such as: varying temperatures, noise, dust, fumes, and other hazardous and nonhazardous materials - You know, the usual stuff found in shops
We love our customers and employees and DeNooyer Automotive Family happily offers services and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, height, weight, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Location/Region: Kalamazoo, MI (49009)