PPG Admin Assistant PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit http://www.ppg.com and follow @PPG on Twitter.
As an Administrative Assistant with PPG, you will generate hourly-based employees payroll, maintain and audit employee attendance records, prepare and analyze month-end reports needed by management. You will be accountable for purchasing invoices to ensure they match with packing slips, then send them to Corporate for payment. Assist in weekly-monthly events and benefits.
Essential Duries and Responsibilities:
- Compiles, copies, sorts, and files records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities. Verifies packing slips with invoices, codes invoices for approval, enters data into PO spreadsheet, and files copies.
- Maintains electronic cost tracking file and ensures no transactions occur without being added to the transaction log. Verifies all invoices sent to corporate accounting for payment have been logged appropriately.
- Maintains electronic labor tracking system on a daily basis to insure all direct, indirect and contract labor hours and costs have been accurately recorded.
- Track and maintain material inventory records to ensure monthly usage of paints is accurate and recorded.
- Maintain all chemical inventories are accurate within the CIMS system. Monitor all CIMS requests to ensure timely addition of requests into database.
- Publish, post and track all line of sight metrics within the facility.
- Operates office machines, such as photocopier, facsimile, and personal computer.
- Send payroll file to Corporate.
- Maintains attendance records.
- Orders materials, supplies, and services, and completes records and reports.
- Answers telephone, responds to requests, deliver messages, and runs errands. Distributes mail and payroll checks.
- Communicates with customers, employees, and other individuals to disseminate or explain information.
- Orders birthday cards and lunches, assist with all company sponsored events
- May assist with Orientation activities for hourly and temporary positions
- Other duties as assigned
Additional requirements of this entry level role include:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training
- Must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing email@example.com.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links:
Internal ID: JOBREQ1800018696
Location/Region: San Antonio, TX