PPG Production Clerk Job Posting PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit http://www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Does the thought of sitting behind a desk all day make you cringe? Are you seeking a career with a greater purpose?
If you screamed “YES!” to each of those questions, you may be just who we are looking for to help our team “protect and beautify the world!”
As a Production Clerk with PPG, you will be an essential part of our operations, ensuring that a quality product is deliverable to our customers when they need them.
Your work will directly impact people’s lives. Without you, our products would not be available to paint the nurseries of new parents, to make residents of retirement homes feel more at home, and even keep travelers safe in the skies when flying to see family during holidays!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the inventory all packaging materials, pallets, and other miscellaneous items
- Complete same day shipment work orders
- Produce printed copies of SAP order documents and prepares work orders
- Assist with the confirmation and location of inventory to be used for work orders
- Monitor receipts of inbound goods
- Assist with routine supply purchases
- Assist in setting up nonstandard sample requests
- Assist in other miscellaneous items
Experience and Education
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a production/warehouse environment is required
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes as well as inventory control
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Kanban systems is a bonus
- Computer knowledge in SAP would be considered a plus
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing email@example.com.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links:
Internal ID: JOBREQ1800019157
Location/Region: Darien, WI