Job ID 86567 Full / Part Time:Full time
The Guest Service Ambassador II (GSA II) facilitates patient meal selections and delivers patient meals with emphasis on customer service. GSA II provides guidance to patients and family members to select foods that are in compliance with Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) orders. GSA II provides support for nursing and Clinical Nutrition Team. In addition, GSA II facilitates intra and inter department communication to provide quality patient care and enhance patient satisfaction.Required to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. The manager may change or add duties to meet the operational needs of the department at any time without prior notice.
1) Assesses patients for appropriateness for food selections.
2) Assist patients and family with meal selections when indicated.
3) Provides guidance and encourages patients and/or family to select foods that meet MNT orders. Recommends alternatives. Confirms MNT orders and allergies in CIS and CBord.
4) Communicates consistent food choice and/or intake problems to Clinical Nutrition Team and nursing.
5) Delivers meals, snacks and supplements to patients. Coordinates meal delivery with nursing for patients on points of care.
6) Uses dual identifiers when delivering trays and snacks.
7) Ensures completeness and accuracy of tray and assists patients with tray set up when needed.
8) Practices clean in, clean out.
9) Records supplement, fluid and meal intake. Records calorie count when ordered.
10) Reports patient meal problems to Liaison.
Required Work Experience:
1) Mastery of GSA I job requirements
2) Customer service experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Food service and/or healthcare experience preferred
Skills and Competencies:
1) Able to speak, write and comprehend English
2) Basic math skills
3) Ability to follow directions
4) Verbal communication skills
5) Familiarly with using Windows based software.
What You Need to Know:
- Part-time, day shift position. Department work hours end 8:00 pm.
- This position requires every other weekend and holiday availability.
Education:GED or HiSET (Required)Languages:Certifications:Work Experience:Competencies:Responsibilities:Skills:
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA