Job ID 84528 Full / Part Time:Full time
This description covers the essential functions of the position. Incumbent is expected to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. Management has the right to change or add to the job responsibilities at any time. Provides extensive administrative support (60% or more of the time) and some secretarial support to manager and/or department. Completes a variety of complex analyses, reports, and databases. Requires advanced use of personal computer. Creates complex spreadsheets and other documents. Represents the department in resolving problems and exchange of information, interpretation of departmental policy and procedures.
1) Assists in preparing complex administrative reports, statements, roster, etc. Performs difficult data and/or information gathering, computes complex calculations, spreadsheets, drafts and prepares special reports analyses for review by supervisor.
2) Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls for department and responds to general inquiries or routes to appropriate personnel.
3) Interacts with a wide variety of hospital executives, medical staff and/or outsiders in a professional and efficient manner, obtains or relays information, arranges meetings, gathers data, etc.
4) Receives and screens incoming correspondence, reports, memos, etc., and prepares appropriate responses to routine inquiries.
5) Answers inquiries concerning activities and operations of department.
6) Schedules meetings, conferences, interviews, and appointments, completes travel arrangements and maintains Supervisor’s business calendar.
7) Develops, maintains, and revises record-keeping and filing systems, and classifies, sorts and files correspondence, articles, records and other documents.
8) Assists in monitoring department budgets and accounts for assigned cost centers. Initiates and prepares expenditures for office supplies, standard department inventory, travel, etc., and accepts receipts and invoices for non-routine expenditures.
9) May supervise clerical support staff and participate in hiring of subordinates as appropriate.
Required Work Experience:
1) 2 years office or practice experience
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Compentencies:
1) word processing, spreadsheets
Education:GED or HiSET (Required)Languages:Certifications:Certified Coding Specialist - American Health Information Management Association, Certified Professional Coder - VariousWork Experience:Competencies:Responsibilities:Skills:
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA