WATER SYSTEM OPERATOR
South Deerfield Water Supply District
South Deerfield Water Supply District is seeking qualified candidates
experienced in the operation and management of a municipal water
treatment, storage, and distribution system for the position of Water
Operator. This is a Full Time (40-Hour) position.
Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
• Compliance with U.S. EPA Safe Drinking Water Act and MA
D.E.P. drinking water regulations.
• Daily operation, inspections, maintenance of treatment plant,
all storage and distribution systems. • State and Federal reporting requirements.
• Work in conjunction with contractors.
• Active role in response to emergencies, water
main breaks, etc.
• Must possess applicable State licenses for a D.E.P. D-2
Distribution and T-2 Treatment facility. • MA Driver’s License
• Ability to respond to emergencies at all times, including
weekends and holidays - and to take an active role in labor
intensive repairs, maintenance, etc.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment physical exam,
drug/alcohol test, and CORI check. • Knowledge of construction operations and practices.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong
mentoring and team-building skills.
• Base Hourly Rate $22.50/Hour - DOQ w/ Benefits Package
Please submit cover letter, resume,
and references by March 22, 2019
The South Deerfield Water Supply Dist. is an EOE
Location/Region: South Deerfield, MA (01373)