Under the general supervision of the Executive Director of Business Development, the Sr Business Development Manager is responsible to complete strategic planning and business development projects of quantitative and qualitative nature. The scope of responsibility is organizational-wide with a national and international market focus.
- Develop strategic plans, identify and develop new strategic partnerships and ensure strong relationships with all existing partnerships and alliances
- Implement strategic goals and objectives, working closely, continuously, and according to the parameters and timelines discussed and agreed on with senior internal and external leadership and others across and throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with UMMS research and clinical key opinion leaders and industry leaders to develop and implement strategic plans
- Lead and manage business strategy and corporate alliance projects working closely with researchers, and investigators within the UMMS system to forge partnerships and alliances with companies, foundations and clinical organizations
- Develop a framework for business plans, and program evaluation projects and coordinate with internal stake-holders in implementing the projects and business plans
- Act as a liaison to other institutional departments, e.g., Office of Research, Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS), to manage and execute projects.
- Develop office-wide projects including investigator outreach, investigator education and training initiatives, website build-out, process improvement, and tool implementation
- Champion and lead University wide projects with other staff to engage multiple key constituents in the analysis, planning and implementation of assigned projects and strategic initiatives
- Ph.D. in Science, Medicine or Engineering
- 5 years of related experience, specifically biomedical research experience
- Experience in translating science to business including liaising with biotech, pharma, investors and other external partners
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects working with cross-functional teams that would include research and clinical investigators, project managers, and external partners
- Proven track record in completing strategic projects within a business development, marketing, strategic planning or hospital operations department within given parameters
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and execute on strategic projects across several departments within the organization will be of added value to this role
Apply here: http://www.Click2apply.net/8cfsxbfvcjxfjbqj
Location/Region: Worcester, MA (US - 01655)