Position: Service Technician
Location: San Jose CA 95138
• Previous delivery/driving position
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Good, clean driving record
• Previous customer service skills
• Willingness to grow and learn
The SDI Service Technician will set up and service water purification systems at customer sites. In this role, you will deliver, set up and exchange ion exchange tanks to customers in commercial and industrial applications.
• Drive truck to deliver ion exchange tanks and water treatment equipment to a customer site.
• Ensure that correct equipment required for the daily route is loaded, secured and meets quality specs. Load and unload tanks on a truck and maintains correct inventory onboard truck as required.
• Completes Vehicle Inspection Reports for pre-trip inspection.
• Keep accurate accountability of inventory at each site and make changes as needed. Communicates changes thru the proper channels and follows up to ensure that changes have been made.
• Takes water samples and conducts the following tests including but not limited to TDS, resistivity, Cl2, and hardness. Accurately record results.
• Rinses ion exchange tanks to customer specifications at customer sites and ensures quality specifications met.
• Performs both dry and wet ion exchange tank exchanges.
• Performs maintenance on equipment to include minor PVC repair.
• Maintains good housekeeping at all times, which includes the vehicles and customer sites.
• Follows company and customer EHS policies and rules.
• Maintains contact with the customer on site, communicating effectively, politely, and responding to their needs. Maintains good customer relationships.
• Assist with equipment or product delivery outside normal scope when needed due to business levels.
• May be required to be on call during non-business hours.
• Maintains and safeguards company assets (plant, fleet, equipment and inventory).
• HS Diploma, GED or equivalent.
• ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Possess a valid driver's license and clean driving record history
• Ability and willingness to handle repetitive weight - 50 lbs
• Ability to use a hand truck and pallet jacks to move heavier loads
• Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
• Ability and willingness to read, and interpret technical manuals, procedures, and regulations; to write reports; to subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
• Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in applicable fields such as electrical, industrial, mechanical, maintenance or plumbing
• Minimum of 2 years of water industry experience in ion exchange, water treatment, reverse osmosis or membranes and related equipment highly desirable.
• Forklift certification/experience or ability to obtain forklift certification.
• Associate’s Degree in electrical, iindustrial/mechanical engineering, or water treatment disciplines
• Vocational training in applicable fields such as electrical, industrial/mechanical maintenance, water treatment, plumbing
• College coursework in chemistry
• Experience driving company vehicles such as panel vans or service trucks
• Customer Focus
Dedicated to Manpower. Committed to People.
Since 1970, we have been bringing the energy industry's people and projects together. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, we strive to be the premier choice for energy job opportunities around the world. We are industry experts and have worked with the leading EPC, Operating and Service companies on upstream, midstream and downstream developments. Today, we have operations in over 20 countries supported by key regional offices in Brazil, Canada, Romania, Singapore, the United Kingdom and the United States. Over the last 40+ years, we have developed our services to encompass more than recruitment and job placement to ensure our employees enjoy a successful and rewarding career. We focus on delivering superior recruitment and employee management, global mobility and project life-cycle solutions.
Whether you have a background as an Administrative Assistant, a Mechanical Engineer or a Piping Designer, your energy expertise is needed at G.A.S. Global. We want you to be a part of the G.A.S. Global team.