The L.S. Starrett Company, manufacturer of precision tools, located in North Central Mass. is seeking the following position:
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
• Perform all aspects of operations and maintenance of a Grade 4 Industrial Treatment Plant.
• Check various instruments and gages to monitor conditions such as ph and ORP.
• At prescribed intervals use special laboratory equipment to perform a variety of federally required tests on samples of effluent from weir box.
• Add chemicals to tanks as necessary; make any required adjustments and remove sludge from clarifier.
• Check sample solutions from plating department and determine amounts of chemicals to be added to restore solutions to proper strength.
• Be alert to detect any malfunctions in the system and initiate procedures to return the system to normal operation.
• Perform a variety of plumbing duties to make necessary repairs to the system, replace or add new equipment.
• Maintain the laboratory and work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
• Perform all assignments in conformance with all safety and health requirements.
• Keep and maintain accurate daily records of operations and maintenance.
• Basic chemistry and laboratory knowledge desirable.
• Licensed operator desirable but willing to train individual with ability to obtain license.
• Good math skills are critical to become a licensed operator.
The company offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits, including Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k), Stock Options, FSA, Profit Sharing, Vacations and more.
Please send resume to: Joel R. Shaughnessy, Personnel Director
The L.S. Starrett Company
121 Crescent Street
Athol, MA 01331
Location/Region: Ma-Springfield (US)