Are you a web developer ready to step into the cleared space? Parsons works on top level cyber-security for national defense programs and is hiring experienced Software Developers with a focus on research, innovation and solving mission critical challenges.
Parsons' extensive experience in the cleared space, combined with your advanced technical knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. Training, development and opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our Developers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new challenges across the full-stack as we continue to push security forward. Responsibilities:
We are seeking a Software Developer (SME Journeyman) position with system administration responsibilities and the potential to work on several different projects including: a host based security compliance tool, Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring application, Web Single Sign On, PKI & Kerberos. Position requires working with remote customers and widely dispersed team members.
As a Software Developer (Journeyman), you will be:
Assisting in the development of software applications for our DoD customers Coding, testing and debugging programs according to detailed requirements. Supporting the maintenance of existing software applications. Participating on a team designing, documenting, developing, testing and implementing software programs. Supporting and providing quality customer service through the development, production and integration of software applications that enable customers to successfully meet their business goals. Adhering to a software development life cycle. Assist in the maintenance and support Linux servers for the development team. Install and configure software needed by the development team. Required Experience:
- Software development experience targeting Unix/Linux environments
- Languages: Comfortable working in one of: Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby and experience with a second programming language unlike one previously listed
- Operating Systems: Strong Linux/Unix
- Able to work autonomously but not afraid to ask for help when needed
- Willing to overlap at least 5 hours a day with 8-5 Eastern Time
- Must have a DoD 8570 baseline certification: CISSP or Security+ (must be obtained prior to start date) plus an operating system certification (Linux+, etc.)
- Must be US citizen living in the US and have an active DoD clearance.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is required due to government or federal requirement.U.S. citizens ONLY due to government or federal requirement.
- Applicants selected for employment may be subject to a federal background investigation and may need to meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials
- 5 years software development experience
- Linux system administration experience (big plus): command line, shell scripting, package management
- Knowledge of computer security (big plus)
- Previous use of version control software (Git preferred)
- Understanding of PKI and SSL
- Relational databases, especially MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Proficiency writing automated tests
- Web page design
- Networking: TCP/IP, IPv6, tcpdump, etc.
Location/Region: Aberdeen, MD