Responsible for the day to day maintenance, repair, and operations within the critical and non-critical facilities. Must possess a strong ability to act independently and make critical decisions as required. Candidate will achieve successful results by both the successful execution of preventative maintenance program, and the ability to respond to unplanned or emergency repair situations. The candidate will possess the ability to identify and resolve engineering related items for the facilities. Must be able to provide detailed direction and assistance to third-party vendors who are hired to assist with the maintenance, installation, and repair functions.
- Responsible for the support of all activities related to the engineering group and their critical support functions. Develop, manage, implement and document all preventative maintenance (PM) programs for all critical and non-critical operation to include water treatment, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC
- Responsible for insuring the timely and consistent delivery of all day to day services to maintain consistent and quality operations.
- Performed the outlined maintenance programs as directed by the Chief Engineer and or Engineering Manager.
- Document all PM activities as outlined by the written PM program
- Perform on call and after hours support functions
- Thorough knowledge of advanced plant operations and/or repairs for a wide variety of support systems including HVAC, pneumatic/DDC controls, and electrical plant operation.
- Develop effective working relationship with internal customers within the facility
- Respond to emergency repair needs consistent with the procedures developed and implemented by the Engineering management team. Understand and demonstrate the ability to communicate with all levels of the Engineering group at the time of the emergency
- Ability to perform advanced plant operations and/or repairs for a wide variety of support systems including HVAC, refrigeration, pneumatic/DC controls, and electrical.
- Possess strong knowledge of construction practices and equipment installations
- Possess a thorough knowledge of mechanical, electrical, BAS and fire life safety systems
- Possess a good understanding of critical and non-critical facility standards and processes to include change management, method of procedures, work order systems and management, safety/hazard awareness, risk, and environmental assessments.
- Assist the Chief Engineer and /or Engineering Manager with the development of specifications for tasks contracted out to third party.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a related position or equivalent experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Possess a strong knowledge of all engineering management processes and will work within those processes as consistently as possible.
- Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of the policies and procedures for corporate properties and engineering.
- Knowledge of municipal and Federal regulations related maintenance operations and environmental requirements
- Ability to utilize PC software including word processing, spreadsheets, and PM programs
About JLL JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with, as of December 31, 2015, revenue of $6.0 billion and fee revenue of $5.2 billion, more than 280 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 70,000.
On behalf of its clients, the company provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. As of September 30, 2016, its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.7 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas. As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers.
We are: * A "best company to work for' in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong * World's Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years * America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine * #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com. Information Security Statement Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm's corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm's information technology are expected to follow the firm's guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL's commitment to equal opportunity.
Location/Region: Brentwood, TN (US)