Elizabethtown College is seeking an Academic Advising Coordinator for the School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS).
The primary purpose of this position is to admit, advise, retain, and administratively support the School’s credit-seeking adult learners. This position is currently based at Dixon University Center located at 2986 N 2nd St, Harrisburg, PA.
- Work collaboratively with SCPS admissions staff to evaluate preliminary transfer credits and ensure effective and seamless transition from the admission process to the matriculation process;
- Admit adult learners into the SCPS programs by collecting and maintaining appropriate documentation on each learner;
- Track and maintain learner’s records from entry into their program through to degree completion;
- Support the SCPS adult learners through registration, course scheduling, book sales, web-support, and faculty support;
- Work collaboratively to develop and recommend resources and services for adult learners;
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Student Services and the Academic Advising Coordinators assigned to other locations to ensure effective daily operations;
- Liaise between the SCPS and the supporting College infrastructure including the Registrar’s Office, the Business Office, Financial Aid, Information and Technology Services;
- Liaise between the SCPS and College support offices including Disability Services, High Library, Learning Services, Career Services;
- Participate in events and programs for SCPS adult learners;
- Work collaboratively with other staff located at primary location to ensure smooth operation of the office.
Bachelor’s degree plus three to five years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proficient with Microsoft® Office Suite. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends;
Strong customer-service and entrepreneurial approach to higher education preferred. Deep appreciation for adult learning and/or previous work experience with adult learners.
This position is full time. Monday through Friday 8:30am-5:00pm. This position requires working two evenings per week until 6:30pm. Schedule would be adjusted for those days.
Employees of Elizabethtown College enjoy benefit perks such as educational benefits for themselves, spouses and dependent children; competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit packages that include medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage; extensive holiday, vacation and sick paid time off and an annuity retirement plan.
Interested candidates should apply to:
As a distinct academic unit of Elizabethtown College empowered to meet the needs of adult students, the School of Continuing and Professional Studies offers a variety of learning programs for adults in the South Central Pennsylvania Region with courses available at the Elizabethtown Campus, in Harrisburg at the Dixon University Center, in Lancaster, in York, and online. For more information, visit www.etowndegrees.com
As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, Elizabethtown College is seeking candidates who will enhance the diversity of its faculty, staff, and administration.
Location/Region: Elizabethtown, PA