James Madison University, a Division I Member of the NCAA and Colonial Athletic Association, is accepting applications for a Fiscal Assistant to work in the Athletics Business Office. The successful candidate will provide support for various departments in maintaining and reconciling budgets and providing assistance to the Athletics Business Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Post, monitor, reconcile and provide management of several athletics budgets while adhering to university guidelines and procedures.
- Prepare deposits for all athletic budgets.
- Serve as a back-up for the Athletics Payroll Coordinator, as well as for Facility Event billing.
- Assist the Athletics Business Manager with projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working in a professional office setting
- Demonstrated skills working with the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word
- A general understanding of accounting procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task
To apply go to our website and reference posting number S1354. Hourly rate range is $13.00 - $14.00 per hour. This is a part-time wage position working an average of 25 hours per week over the course of a calendar year with no benefits.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity.
Location/Region: Post, OR (US)