* Responsible for managing the daily administration, analysis, and operations of 340B Drug program and all its components including compliance monitoring, routine audits, maintaining policies and procedures and 340B contract review/negotiations.
1. Ensures compliance with all aspect of the 340B program and implements all applicable aspects of the Office of Pharmacy Affairs guidance as well as Memorial HealthCare pharmacy policy and procedures for 340B. Works with all necessary affiliated departments, acting as a liaison, to ensure compliance of the program.
2. Maintain and integrate information from pharmacy charge master system into 340B split-billing system and maintain system databases to reflect changes in drug formulary or product specifications. Monitor ordering process, integrating most current pricing from vendors , and dispensing patterns.
3. Monitor 340B contract changes to ensure cost savings optimization. Assists all pharmacy buyers focusing on 340B eligible medication by helping with selection of appropriate products and vendors based on pharmacy needs, best pricing and contractual obligations. Developing annual competency screen for anyone ordering on the 340B accounts and alternative sources to meet patient needs.
4. Review and refine 340B cost savings reports detailing purchasing, and replacement practices. Perform annual inventory and or quarterly audits for all eligible locations to verify adherence to 340B program guidelines.
5. Maintain Knowledge of policy changes that impact 340B program which includes, but not limited to, HRSA/OPA rules and Medicaid Changes. Responsible for documentation and updating of 340b policy and procedures as necessary.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Must be proficient in the use of IT computer pharmacy systems and Microsoft programs such as Excel, word, Power Point.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required in Pharmacy or Master's in Business or Health related fields.
Required Work Experience: 2 years experience in pharmacy operations, supply chain management, business analytics, pharmacy software splitting systems and 340B contract negotiations.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
• Medical and Surgical Services
• Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
• Memorial Cancer Institute
• Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
• Memorial Neuroscience Institute
• The Family Birthplace
• Women’s Services
• Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL