No company knows the brain better. Lundbeck is uncompromisingly committed to the research, development and delivery of targeted therapies for people living with significant psychiatric and neurological disorders. At Lundbeck, we believe life is too beautiful to be interrupted by brain disorders. So, we pursue imaginative solutions, driven by passionate people committed to do the right thing for our patients, our company and our communities. Lundbeck strives to be a leader in depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease.
For Lundbeck, making a meaningful difference for patients is more than an aspiration: it is a commitment that shapes everything we do. Our advocacy for patients isn’t an invented “company value” – it is at the core of who we are and motivates every individual at Lundbeck. Our ongoing engagement with patient communities is not what you might expect from a pharmaceutical company – we create our own programs to help patients and caregivers not simply manage their conditions but thrive in spite of them.
The Senior Counsel position is responsible for handling a variety of substantive legal issues; providing legal, regulatory and compliance counsel to Lundbeck’s US rapidly growing business units.
* Prepares, reviews and negotiates commercial agreements, 3rd party vendor agreements, service agreements, consulting agreements, corporate agreements, confidentiality agreements and clinical trial agreements.
* Supports marketed pharmaceutical products and products in development providing substantive advice to the Marketing, Medical Affairs and Regulatory Affairs departments and Research and Development concerning a broad range of legal, regulatory and compliance issues, including FDA regulations, False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, OIG guidance, the PhRMA Code, the Sunshine Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and competition law in connection with product labeling, promotional and non-promotional activities, marketing strategies, sales compensation, and interactions with healthcare professionals.
* Collaboratively resolves legal issues on cross-functional projects and communicate solutions verbally and in writing to management.
* Effectively communicates legal issues and risks to internal and external stakeholders regarding Lundbeck’s business and supported areas.
* Internally supports key stakeholders; keeping abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas.
* Resolves legal issues using negotiation skills and legal expertise.
* Serves as a resource to colleagues regarding specific areas of knowledge and foster collaborative working environment.
* Support the General Counsel with projects as assigned.
* Steps into advisory role in selective situations and assumes responsibility as need arises.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
* JD Degree from an ABA accredited law school
* Admission to the Bar in Illinois or willing to be admitted to the Illinois Bar
* 5+ years of experience as an attorney/counsel, with at least 2 years in a Law firm supporting clients within the pharmaceutical, medical device or biotech industries
* Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, including strong contract drafting skills
* Ability to translate legal principles to management and other line function personnel
* Ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects as well as the ability to converse effectively with all levels of employees
* Familiarity with FDA drug and biologic law, False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, OIG guidance, the PhRMA Code, the Sunshine Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, competition law and US pharmaceutical compliance program requirements
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating contracts for the Life Sciences industries
* Litigation experience
* Managed care experience
* Experience supporting Commercial Business
* Advertising and Promotional Review experience
* Ability to travel up to 10% domestically. International travel is also required.