* Responsible for ensuring health information and data for SBCHS patients is managed in accordance with medical records guidelines and standards.
1. Determines, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignment levels of HIM Technicians and resources.
2. Provides direction, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to staff. Performs or assists with performance evaluations and disciplinary actions. Leads the handling and resolution of complex issues and complaints. Ensures staff compliance with departmental and organizational policies, procedures, and protocols.
3. Assesses quality of services delivered, support project improvement initiatives and facilitates staff development programs.
4. Create, maintain and distribute data quality reports for SBCHS leadership. Performs staff responsibilities as needed to fulfill required service levels.
5. Participate in interdisciplinary support teams.
Education: HS or equivalent required.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: 1 year related experience.
Data analysis experience strongly desired.
South Broward Community Health Services and the Outpatient Center are an integral part of Memorial Healthcare System. The Community Health Services offer compassionate medical care for the growing number of uninsured or underinsured residents of South Broward County.
Located in Hollywood, West Hollywood and Dania Beach, the centers offer a variety of vital programs which include disease management and pediatric services, as well as Mobile Health Centers for both children and adults.
In addition, we have Memorial Outpatient Center in Hallandale offering high-quality medical and health-related services such as mammography, bone density testing, EKGs, CT scans, Ultrasound, nuclear medicine, an adult day care center and a senior resource center.
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Employment at Memorial Healthcare System is subject to post offer, pre-placement assessment, including drug testing.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Location/Region: Hollywood, FL