HOUSING REHABILITATION SPECIALIST
Franklin County Regional Housing and Redevelopment Authority has an opportunity for a Housing Rehabilitation Specialist.
This position provides technical support to the housing rehabilitation programs administered by the authority.
1. Essential job functions: Inspect designated homes to determine eligible rehabilitation work to be undertaken by identifying violations of state and local building and sanitary codes, federal and state lead paint regulations, and Title V regulations 2.
Prepare work lists and cost estimates of eligible work to be performed, and prepare bid documents for the project.
3. Inspect work progress and, when necessary, prepare change order documentation for approval and work with homeowners to approve payments as invoiced.
1. Demonstrated ability to create cost estimates and to prepare material specifications in the construction field.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of building and state sanitary codes and demonstrated ability to interpret local zoning codes.
3. Documented experience with the preparation and interpretation of construction plans and specifications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Three years of experience in building construction trade and/or housing rehabilitation or code enforcement.
Valid Massachusetts driver's license, good driving record and access to reliable transportation required.
Position requires ability to drive to and conduct comprehensive visual inspections of private residential properties located in 26 towns of Franklin County and communicate with contractors and homeowners verbally and in writing.
This is a full time benefited position.
Please review the full job description at our website at www.fcrhra.org.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location/Region: Turners Falls, MA (US - 01376)