Elizabethtown College, a member of NCAA Division III and the Landmark Conference, invites applications for the position of Aquatics Director / Head Swim Coach. This position will provide leadership for and direct all aspects of the Elizabethtown College intercollegiate swim and aquatics programs. This position will also be responsible for the overall operations and programming of Alumni Pool along with the on-going operation and maintenance of pool.
Job duties include:
- Direct all aspects of the intercollegiate swim programs, recruitment and supervision of assistant coaches, practice and contest organization, team travel, budget management, scheduling, promotion of the program, and team fundraising.
- Effectively promote an inclusive, safe and welcoming environment for all student athletes and set expectations for diversity and inclusion in all team activities.
- Support student-athlete wellness initiatives in partnership with Student Wellness, and build aquatics programs that support the overarching goals for campus community fitness and wellbeing for students, faculty and staff.
- Conduct the swim programs in accordance with NCAA and conference rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the overall operations and programming of Alumni Pool; to include planning, development, administration, growth, evaluation and supervision of all Aquatics programs along with the on-going operation and maintenance of pool.
- This position will recruit, train, schedule and supervise staff necessary to achieve success programmatically and operationally.
- Will be responsible to create and manage aquatic program plans including marketing, budget and staff.
- Serve as facility manager for Alumni Pool, and other facilities as needed.
Bachelor’s degree is required; plus three to five years of coaching experience, preferably on the college level; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two years of customer service experience; two years life guarding experience; two years of pool management experience.
Licenses/Certifications & Registrations:
Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid
NSPF Certified Pool Operator (CPO) required within the first 6 months of hire
CPR/AED certification required within the first 3 months of hire
Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor (LGI)
This position also requires a valid driver’s license for business travel purposes (individual must have a US driver’s license for at least three years) and background clearances.
To apply, candidates should visit:
Employees of Elizabethtown College enjoy benefit perks such as educational benefits for themselves, spouses and dependent children; comprehensive benefit packages that include medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage; extensive holiday, vacation and sick paid time off and an annuity retirement plan.
Located in southeastern Pennsylvania, Elizabethtown College offers its 1,900 students more than 53 academic programs in the liberal arts, sciences and professional studies. Driven by its commitment to “Educate for Service,” Elizabethtown centers learning in strong relationships, links classroom instruction with experiential learning, emphasizes international and cross-cultural perspectives and nurtures the capacity for lives of purpose and leadership as global citizens. For more information, consult http://www.etown.edu.
As an equal opportunity employer, Elizabethtown College is seeking candidates who will enhance the diversity of its faculty, staff, and administration.
Location/Region: Elizabethtown, PA