Position: Ice Cream Scooper
Be the happiest part of people’s day at our Little Italy Shop!
Salt & Straw is about more than just ice cream…we are striving to be the happiest part of people’s day, and this starts with our team.
We make taste-provoking ice cream by hand, in small batches that incorporates a cast of local chefs, cheesemongers, chocolatiers, brewers, roasters and more to make our product unique to each of our markets.
We are thrilled to be nominated one of the top ice cream companies in the country by the Food Network!
Besides being known for our delicious ice cream, we are also known for our shops being filled with the most passionate, most knowledgeable and most welcoming team when it comes to providing out-of-this-world service.
We are looking for a diverse group of individuals who all share a common interest of taking care of each other and our guests – helping make Salt & Straw an amazing place to work!
We started Salt & Straw to build community and have seen many amazing things happen in our shops.
Whether it is a first date, a birthday, marriage proposal, or a way to cheer someone up, we are honored to be a sought-after destination for tourists and locals alike!
Our team is the reason for this and we are proud to offer competitive benefits and lots of free ice cream!
We are proud to be a first-job employer!
No previous work experience required. * 18 years or older
* Have at least 4 days of open availability per week including weekends, holidays and summers
* Can stand on your feet for long periods and perform physically demanding tasks
* Have a Current Food Handler’s card (*You can aquire this after you receive a job offer)
* You can communicate clearly in an unapologetically positive manner to all people - customers, fellow team members, and supervisors
* Provide outstanding customer service in a fast-paced, high volume environment no matter what position you are in
* Work with a diverse group of people and appreciate that diversity in the workplace is a strength and an asset.
* Respect safety and hygiene standards * Have the ability to work in close proximity to others
* Can add to our fun environment!
We are proud to offer the following benefits:
* Health and Dental Benefits available
* Paid Time Off
* Hospitality Training
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid Parental Leave
* Short-term Disability
* Competitive Wages and Opportunities for Growth
* Lots of Incredible Ice Cream!
Enough of what we think…
Hear what our team has to say about working at Salt & Straw:
Please upload your resume and a cover letter at www.saltandstraw.com/jobs and include the following:
* Why do you want to work at Salt & Straw?
* What do you think would be the best part of this job for you?
* What is your proudest accomplishment so far?
We can’t wait to meet you!
Location/Region: San Diego, CA (US - 92101)