A TOWN WHERE EVERY DETAIL, FROM VISION TO EXECUTION, MAKES LUXURY SEEM SIMPLE.
From the moment one views the iconic butteries and towering palms lining the center of our beach town, there is an unrivaled sense of escape. Alys Beach is carefully crafted to celebrate the public realm of streets, parks, pedestrian paths, and great civic buildings in a manner reminiscent of the world’s most beloved seaside towns. In recognition of the strong draw of the sea, our streets orient to the beach, guaranteeing views to the Gulf and cooling sea breezes.
Alys Beach is a groundbreaking community located along the Gulf of Mexico on Florida’s panhandle coast, six miles east of Seaside on Scenic Highway 30A. Planned by Duany Plater-Zyberk & Company, Alys Beach is a Traditional Neighborhood Development (TND) whose architectural vision has its roots in the style of Bermuda architecture and in the courtyards of Antigua, Guatemala, the colonial capital of Central America.
Alys Beach is in the early stages of town building. Our purpose is to evolve along with your family, maintaining the timeless traditions of sustainability and the highest standards of design and construction. Come join us in creating a special place to live, visit, relax, and play.
ALYS BEACH CONSTRUCTION Superintendent
A Superintendent at Alys Beach Construction is a skilled supervisor who is responsible to work side by side with the Project Manager, General Superintendent, and property owner, as well as other construction design engineers in order to complete a project in a given time limit. A Superintendent’s job is to employ the suitable workers on the various tasks to complete the job, and supervise all phases of the construction project from start to end or supervise only a portion of the building process. They are responsible for the quality of construction of any building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quality control of the construction of the home, as daily inspections of the quality are required to obtain perfection.
- Coordinating and supervising activities of workers and construction needs for all phases.
- Confirming existing conditions and utilities prior to construction.
- Ensuring the layout of the home is correct throughout construction
- Monitoring and checking all rough-in locations throughout the construction for proper location and use
- Inspecting blueprints and finish schedules for determining if there are conflicts in the drawings and specifications or if necessary generate a request for information.
- Choosing materials and structural units, and examining them to make sure that they are not only in conformance with provisions of building code and local ordinance but also minimize its cost.
- Explaining floor plan to workers.
- Deciding the order of all activities that are concerned with fabrication, assembly, and erection of structure.
- Generating, implementing, and communicating an accurate schedule of activities to the subcontractors and vendors on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis; plan ahead
- Notifying workers of their respective duties and making sure that they have the appropriate tools and safety equipment so that they can execute their jobs accurately.
- Executing accident and incident reports when applicable.
- Making sure regulatory needs and safety measures are maintained.
- Assessing the fastest and easiest way to complete a job without sacrificing quality of the work being done.
- Organizing daily work schedule to allow for approval of invoices, impromptu meetings from other departments and owners, as well as other activities on property, and daily inspections of your homes.
- Ensuring that all projects are performed in accordance with contractual and quality standards.
- Scheduling and directing the daily activities of work and taking necessary action to assure that the project objectives of cleanliness, safety, price, schedule, quality and process are met.
- Maintaining daily paperwork such as timecards, field reports, schedule updates, and E-mail correspondence to keep the various people involved with the project informed of important issues;
- Implementing incremental project schedules that make sure upcoming events are on track and are being proactively attended to;
- Promoting and maintaining a culture that values safety, health, and cleanliness.
- Conducting and/or attending pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings.
- Participating in training and other forms of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Communicating often and openly with all Alys Beach Construction team members to discuss potential construction concerns or issues that may impact construction quality and scheduling of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Maintain a positive and professional relationship with clients, and be responsive to their requests and correspondence to ensure an outstanding customer satisfaction rating.
Required Education, Experience, and Knowledge:
- 15 years of Superintendent management, knowledge, and experience.
- Ability to read and understand a set of blueprints.
- Basic computer knowledge required (i.e., iPad, smartphone, smart device).
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Nearest Major Market:
Panama City Job Segment:
Construction, Law, Fabrication, QC, HVAC, Engineering, Legal, Manufacturing, Quality, Operations Apply now
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Panama City Beach, FL (US)