GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Working within the Information Technology (IT) team, under the supervision of the Director of Applications, the Systems and Database Analyst is a key member of the support team for the College’s SIS/ERP system Ellucian Banner, its learning management system Moodle, its portal MyGCC and other critical College applications. The Systems and Database Analyst provides primary support in a team environment for the Ellucian Banner Student Information System and focuses on the health, performance and reliability of the College’s Oracle databases as well as performing software development and system analyst tasks as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
Application Infrastructure Support
- Support Banner 9 essential services such as Application Navigator, Ethos Identity Services, Jasper reports and Admin Pages.
- Work with Application team and Network/Systems team to maintain the availability and data integrity of Banner 9.
- Conduct systems analysis, programming, testing and implementation of modifications to support Banner.
- Maintain and develop College web applications.
- Make modifications and enhancements to Banner 9 in support of institutional requirements.
- Create or enhance user reporting and/or extracts.
- Create, maintain and support feeds to and from external systems.
- Monitor application servers.
- Apply application upgrades for the Banner functional modules.
- Create cases, as required and work with Ellucian Technical support to troubleshoot Banner related problems.
- Troubleshoot daily help desk tickets related to Banner.
- Develop and maintain documentation of systems and procedures.
- Evaluate programs to assure compliance with standards and regulations.
- Estimate time and staff requirements for current or proposed systems or projects.
- Work with staff and faculty to enhance existing reports and design new reports
- Perform related duties as required.
- Provide database administration including cloning, patching, and monitoring multiple applications and instances
- Perform database upgrades.
- Work with Application team and Network/Systems team to ensure accurate, timely database backups and disaster recovery.
- Support the Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) to monitor database health
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years’ experience with relational database programming, support, upgrades and other database administration tasks OR Associate’s Degree and at least 4 years’ experience OR at least 5 years’ experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in web-based programming
- At least 3 years’ experience supporting Student Information Systems (SIS) and/or Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP) OR equivalent experience supporting enterprise-level multi-faceted applications such as Banner, Colleague, Peoplesoft or Jenzabar
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND APTITUDES:
- Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented organizational skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Occasional availability for off-hours and weekend work required to perform system maintenance tasks.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a higher education setting
- Experience with Ellucian Banner Student Information System (SIS)
- Database administrator experience supporting Oracle
- Experience using code version software such as GitHub
- Experience in all phases of the software development cycle
- Experience with application and web server management
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
This is a full-time AFSCME unit position. The complete State Job Classification Specification for EDP Systems Analyst is on file in the Human Resources Office. Anticipated hours are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
GRADE AND SALARY: Grade 23: $2,558.62 bi-weekly. (Candidates may qualify for placement beyond entry-level salary if they are currently employed in the state system and transfer without a break in service, subject to verification by the Executive Director of Human Resources.)
START DATE: Anticipate no later than March 2020
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online.
Create a Greenfield Community College account at the application URL provided. You will be able to upload the following required documents for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for 5 professional references
When preparing your cover letter and resume, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.
Successful completion of a CORI check WILL be required as a condition of employment.
Applications accepted up to and including February 21, 2020.
Additional applications may be submitted through March 1, 2020 and MIGHT be considered until the position is filled.?
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Greenfield Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence.
Location/Region: Western Massachusetts